Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Year of Living the Life List, Part 2

I know, I said I would continue this last Friday--unfortunately, "Stop procrastinating" isn't on my life list! Here goes the second half of my to-dos.
56. Communicate better. Working on it...
57. Get a massage. Anybody know a guy named Sven?
58. See the Eagles in concert.
59. Wear a wig of a different color/style for a week. I don't know what inspired me to put this on here, but I doubt I will ever do it.
60. Take more classes. I haven't found any more I want to take yet.
61. Donate blood.
62. Eat sushi. Eww.
63. Try every drink on a restaurant menu. (not all at once!) Unbelievably, this isn't the first one I achieved! I'll have to try harder.
64. Visit the Peshtigo Fire Museum. We did this the day after my birthday. Very solemn experience.
65. Get all 11 grandkids/5 daughters together again. Erica's wedding???
66. Give more meaningful gifts to people. I try--don't know how I'm doing!
67. Save more money. Maybe after Ireland, the wedding, selling the house....
68. Return e-mails in a more timely manner. Doing better on this.
69. Send 50th birthday cards to as many classmates as possible. DONE. Now we're all going on 51!
70. Get a passport. Did it! Very scary photo!
71. Enter a contest. Miss America was last Saturday night--I missed it!
72. Be in the audience on a TV show. I wouldn't mind meeting Drew Carey on The Price is
Right!
73. Start riding a bike again. I rode Katie's down to the mailbox one day and it was hard! I think I need a bike of my own.
74. Visit an Amish community. Still to do--though I do drive through one every time I'm on Highway 29.
75. Drive a convertible.
76. Get a crossword puzzle book and finish them all. Maybe using my brain in this way will make me less forgetful!
77. Take Fred on a mystery weekend. Technically I haven't done this, though it's always a mystery every weekend what kind of mood I'll be in!
78. Go to Washington, D.C. I'd like to see the monuments, not the politics.
79. Send a card or letter to someone every day. I haven't achieved "daily" status yet, but it's close!
80. Go to Ground Zero. The last time I was in New York was only 8 months after 9/11. We drove past the site, but didn't stop there.
81. Visit the cemeteries where relatives are buried.
82. Walk the dogs 5 times a week. YES! Though yesterday I fell down--maybe I'd be healthier if I didn't!
83. Tear something out of a waiting room magazine. Too chicken.
84. Eat a grape in the produce section. Guilty.
85. Take a CPR refresher course.
86. Drink a shot of Jack Daniels. Done. More than once.
87. Get better at golf. Not gonna happen.
88. Ride the Pacific Coast Highway on the Harley. Still looking forward to this, especially after being in San Diego.
89. Find someone who will dogsit. Anybody out there??
90. Sell something on E-bay. The girls have left a lot of stuff here...
91. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. I do this unles it's more than 4 floors.
92. Go to an auction. Without a paddle, of course!
93. Explore antique stores. I've explored--and purchased!
94. Take more pictures. One thing at which I've been highly successful!
95. Visit a winery. I went to the Cedar Creek Winery in Cedarburg, and I will continue this as often as possible!
96. Send someone flowers for no reason. Who knows, it might be you!
97. Get a new bread machine. Fred has been bugging me to do this. Just what we both need--more bread.
98. Be more optimistic. Right now my OJ glass is empty, but I'm imagining it half full...
99. Wear a low-cut dress. Umm...maybe Erica's wedding?!! :)
100. Have a date with Fred once a week. We're usually lucky if we even eat dinner together once a week, but we did spend the whole past weekend together.
101. Survive menopause without committing a felony. Fred is still alive.
102. Take Babe out for dinner. Babe is a retired teacher we worked with in Rib Lake. Fred visited her a few months ago, but no dinner yet.
103. Worry less. I really am trying. I want my hair to stay red as long as possible.
104. Slow down. I always seem to be in a hurry...
105. Do something cool for my 50th/our 25th anniversary. Well, Fred threw me a surprise party for my birthday. I told him my trip to Ireland can be for our anniversary--he just won't be along. :p
106. Hold a chickadee in my hand. I've come close, but not yet!
107. Enjoy talking on the phone more. I do!
108. Call friends and family more often instead of writing/e-mailing. I need to do this more.
109. Remember to use my canvas bags every time I shop. I am MUCH better at this!
110. Be more spontaneous. Ok, I think I'll go out and make some naked snow angels now.


Happy 70th birthday to my mother!!! I love you!!

No comments: