Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer Farewell

The last day of August!! It seems like the summer went by in a flash--and I guess it did--because we were always busy! If I read back over my blogs since Memorial Day, there was something going on just about every week and during the weeks, too. Traveling--to the cabin, Elk Mound, Madison, Hayward, Mindoro, Bruce, Bayfield; having company both here and at the Hilton; taking care of lawns and houses and dogs; riding the Harley, writing lots of letters, taking lots of pictures, reading when I had the time. (Ten books for the summer, and I'm way behind on my goal of 75 for the year) Even finding time to write my blog has been hard the past couple weeks, as evidenced by the few and far-between entries here!
I didn't get around to several things I'd planned to do. I only went fishing once, but I guess there is still time for that during the fall. I missed all of the Thursday night concerts in town along the Riverwalk and have yet to get to the farmer's market here. I forgot to plant sunflowers until it was too late, and I never bought that bikini. (Hahaha) My diet sputtered and stalled.
Tomorrow a new month begins, and we already have plans every weekend through mid-October. We must feel the need to do as much as we can before the long winter arrives again--especially since we already had frost this morning and Fred had to scrape the windshield before going to work! Football season is upon us, and bowling league starts next week...the holidays will arrive in the blink of an eye. Fall is my favorite time of the year, with cool weather and beautiful trees--but like summer, it won't last long enough. So I plan to make the most of every remaining nice day, from today until I dig out that snow shovel.

No comments: