Monday, August 3, 2009

Catching Up

Readers of The Daily Mom: Sorry I have been out of touch for a few days. Fred and I went over to Elk Mound Friday to do some painting, cleaning, and hauling stuff to the dump. On Saturday we accepted a verbal offer on the house!! We haven't received anything in writing yet, so we are proceeding as if it is still for sale. Our realtor is holding an Open House this Sunday.
We got back here yesterday, stayed for a few hours, and then took off for the cabin on the Harley. Fred had a meeting in Niagara this morning, so we spent the night at the Amberg Hilton. We took a walk in the woods after arriving about 7 PM, then had a campfire until it started raining. I lost $2 playing gin before bed (making a total of $4 lost for the weekend). Having spent two nights on the air mattress in E.M., I was exhausted! We got up a little after 6:30 so we'd have time for breakfast at Mary's Place in Beecher. My pancakes were the size of frisbees and I couldn't finish them!
After Fred's meeting, we headed back to Rhinelander, and I had the worst time ever staying awake on the bike! I tried singing, looking around at specific objects, and slapping my face, but nothing seemed to help. I was really glad to finally get home!
Wednesday I'll be heading back to EM to mow the lawn and do more work around the house. So, my appearances here may be minimal for a few days.
Please remember our troops. We lost six more in Afghanistan over the weekend.

No comments: