Monday, October 26, 2009

Blog Neglect

Yes, I know; it has been over a week since I last wrote anything here. When life gets busy, the blog is one of the first things to fall by the wayside. I was out of town most of last week; first I spent two days down near Milwaukee with Amy, my college roommate. We had a great visit, and I wasn't on the computer a single time. I came home for about 24 hours, and then took off again. Fred and I spent a night in Eau Claire, where he then stayed for a 3-day training. I drove down to my mom's Thursday and had lunch with her, three of my aunts, and a cousin. Our October get-together has become a yearly tradition, and with six of us talking and laughing, I always feel sorry for the other restaurant patrons!
After staying overnight at my mom's, I headed to Eau Claire again and picked up Katie. We came back to Rhinelander in her car, driving in snow and slush, and she stayed for the weekend. On Saturday we picked up a few things in town for her Halloween costume. I suggested who she should dress up as, and it turned out to be really funny. I'm sure she will post a bunch of pictures on Facebook!
Now I have to finish up Halloween cards and my Christmas card swap cards for the troops. We are going to Amberg Friday for a Hilton Halloween, and I have lots to do before then. With holiday preparations on the horizon, I will probably become even more neglectful here. But...I'll write when the mood strikes me, or when a topic comes along that's too good to pass up. In case I'm away the rest of the week....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

No comments: