Monday, June 29, 2009

The Battle of the Bulge

Ok, it is time to get serious. Erica's wedding is less than a year away, and I have to lose some weight. I'm announcing this for public consumption in the hopes that some of you will help keep my nose to the grindstone--and my head out of the refrigerator--by questioning my progress and offering encouragement.
I know what I have to do; I've done it before. It just seems harder to get motivated the older I get. Seeing myself in pictures is more depressing than motivating, as is shopping for clothes.
So here we go. These are the things I plan to do, starting now:
--eat fruits and veggies like there's no tomorrow
--drink water by the gallon and limit myself to one Diet Dew per day
--no fast food AT ALL; limit eating out as much as possible
--no baking for Fred and me
--eat dark chocolate for a treat when I need one
--don't skip lunch so I'm starving by supper
--eat smaller portions and no seconds
--make decent meals even when Fred's not here
--continue walking the dogs 5 times a week
If anyone has more suggestions, please share. I will report here once a month and let you know how I'm doing. If I haven't achieved a reasonable weight loss by December 12th, my nephew Ryan's wedding, there will still be time to get hypnotized, have my jaw wired shut, or go to a fat farm before Erica's. (haha, just kidding)
If you want to do this with me, misery loves company. E-mail me and we'll make a plan: The Biggest Loser with no trainers and no televised weigh-ins. In the meantime, I'll go shred my recipe for cookie dough brownies and make a sign for the fridge: "50 years/50 lbs."
Wish me luck!!

No comments: