Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Life List Progress Report

It has been almost two months since I took the class on making a life list. I thought I should take a look at the 110 items I came up with and see how I'm progressing so far.
1. I've read 8 books of the 75 I set as a goal this year. The one I'm reading now has 740 pages--shouldn't that count for 2??
5. I wanted to visit friends/family I hadn't seen in a long time. Last week I got together with Amy, my college roommate, after 8 years.
7. Writing letters to soldiers every week is pretty easy. Yesterday I sent out postcards to someone in Iraq wanting some from every state. Tomorrow I'm sending a package to Theresa, who is from Whitewater, WI. I did 100 Valentines for the troops and hospitalized veterans last month.
9. I want to bowl a 200+ game. Last night I had a 191!
13. Trying new recipes...I did a Mr. Food recipe called No-Fry Honey Chicken. It was ok, but not "Oooh, it's SOOO GOOD!" My mom also sent me one for Warm Winter Lemon Cake. We inhaled that pretty fast.
14. Watching some classic movies was the first thing I did after the class ended. I watched "Rear Window" and "Citizen Kane." UGH! Both were so long, boring, and poorly acted! Maybe I was expecting too much--I mean "Citizen Kane" is on some list as the best film ever made! I must be missing something.
22. I started keeping a journal again on Feb. 1, but it lasted 3 days! It didn't interest me--this blogging stuff is more fun!
29. I'll add one more state to the ones I've visited when Katie and I go to San Diego next week.
39. I HAVE been beating Fred at more gin games than I lose since I started keeping my winnings in a publicly-displayed jar like he does!! My jar has $9.62 in it, and his is down to a measly $3 and some change! In our most recent game, I skunked him!!
55. I want to spend at least 20 nights at the cabin this year, and I've been there once so far.
69. Most of my classmates turn 50 this year, and I want to send cards to all whose b-days I remember. So far I've sent one to Linda S., and Doug K.'s is coming up at the end of the month.
93. Exploring antique stores is one of the most fun things Amy and I did last week! I can't wait to look around the ones in Eagle River, Minocqua, and others in this area.
100. Fred and I have been having a "date" just about every week, I think. We have gone to Klondike Days, out for fish a couple times, to the Rhinelander Cafe for dinner, seen three movies,
gone bowling...does a ride around the yard in the Mule count?!
109. I've been much better at remembering to take my canvas bags when I shop! Still have to eat a grape in the produce section, though!!

I still have a lot of work to do on the list, but spring coming will help me achieve some of the goals...and making plans is much easier on the back of the Harley!!

No comments: